There are many reasons to choose Palmaris Property Management to supervise your property.
Most of Palmaris' business has come from referrals of present and past clients that are happy with our services and appreciate the hands-on management and attention to detail that Palmaris provides to all our properties under contract.
Over the years, investors have chosen Palmaris because we:
- Handle the maintenance and emergency repairs any time of the day or night (24/7).
- Enforce collection of rents and serve the appropriate notices to tenants who do not make timely payments or otherwise comply with their lease agreement.
- Possess current, expert knowledge of landlord/tenant related federal, state, and local laws.
- Know the local real estate market and anticipate its cyclical changes.
- Have an extensive network of relationships with qualified service providers that offer us discounted rates that are passed along to client's to reduce expenses.
- Are experts in financial accounting and record-keeping for real estate properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I choose whether to allow tenants with children? Tenants with pets? Or, Tenants who smoke?
Tenants with children falls under familial status and familial status is a protected class. Palmaris complies fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you cannot choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. It is illegal to discriminate against: race, color, national origin, religion, sex, handicap, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18).
Pets, however, are not a protected class; therefore, you may choose to disallow pets in your units, with the exception of service animals.
Smokers are also not a protected class. We encourage all Owners to consider having their investment be a non-smoking property.
- Does Palmaris provide a monthly accounting of my income and expenses for each property?
We do! We will provide you with monthly reports of all income received and expenses disbursed, as well as a tenant summary that shows all monetary activity with each tenant and unit.
- How do you screen for quality tenants for my property?
Placing the most qualified tenants in your property is our primary goal with each vacancy.
We are professionally trained to process all applications with a careful eye for detail. We obtain credit reports on each applicant, contact current and previous landlords for rental references, and verify current employment and income.